Join Scott and Co. on this special Thursday for or a small group and safe Fall Migration Bird Walk at Hammonasset Beach State Park here in Madison. Migrating hawks, eagles, owls, shorebirds, waterbirds, and songbirds can all be seen at one of Connecticut’s premier birding “hot spots”.
Birds migrating south are sometimes pushed by westerly winds towards the shore, so they hug the coastline. Birds of prey (hawks, falcons and eagles) can often be spotted soaring overhead or hunting along their routes. Several songbirds exchange bright spring feathers for more drab non-breeding colors, and Scott will help you id these sometimes confusing differences.
Always a surprise and always entertaining, birding on the shore of CT is one of the highlights of fall. Get outdoors and enjoy a Saturday morning in the fresh air!
Call 203-245-9056 to register and pay with a credit card, please.
Our number one priority is to keep everyone safe. We reserve the right to cancel a trip, should circumstances change. Participants must conform to the following:
- Pre-registration required. Charge is $6 payable in advance. Call 203-245-9056
- Maximum group size is 10 plus leader(s).
- Masks are required at all times.
- Social distancing is required on the walks, minimum 6 ft.
- Meet Scott at 7:50am in the parking lot at the shop.
- You may carpool with family members only.
- No sharing of optics, please bring your own.
- If you have a telescope, bring it – no sharing