Join Jerry and Co. for a small group, safe Spring Migration Bird Walk at Hammonasset, one of Connecticut’s premier birding “hot spots”.
Hammonasset Beach State Park here in Madison is widely regarded as one of the premier birding spots in CT, and springtime migration is a lot of fun. Approximately 240 species of birds occur there annually, as the park boasts diverse habitats such as marsh, open water, woodland, grassland and shoreline.
Tropical migrants in their bright breeding finery will be seen as they return north to nesting grounds. We’ll be searching with eyes and ears for shorebirds, ducks, birds of prey, and vibrant songbirds. This is a good chance to learn bird song.
Our weekend Spring Bird Walks run Saturdays April 17 through June 12, 2020. See Thursdays, also.
Always a surprise and always entertaining, birding on the shore of CT is one of the highlights of spring. Get outdoors and enjoy a Saturday morning in the fresh air!
Call 203-245-9056 to register and pay with a credit card, please.
Our number one priority is to keep everyone safe. We reserve the right to cancel a trip, should circumstances change. Participants must conform to the following:
- Pre-registration required. Charge is $6 payable in advance. Call 203-245-9056
- Maximum group size is 10 plus leader(s).
- Masks are required at all times.
- Social distancing is required on the walks, minimum 6 ft.
- Meet Jerry at 7:50am in the parking lot at the shop.
- You may carpool with family members only.
- No sharing of optics, please bring your own.
- If you have a telescope, bring it – no sharing