Join Scott and a small group on Thursdays for a safe Spring Migration Bird Walk at Hammonasset, one of Connecticut’s premier birding “hot spots”.
Hammonasset Beach State Park here in Madison is widely regarded as one of the premier birding spots in CT, and springtime migration is a lot of fun. Approximately 240 species of birds occur there annually, as the park boasts diverse habitats such as marsh, open water, woodland, grassland and shoreline.
Tropical migrants in their bright breeding finery will be seen as they return north to nesting grounds. We’ll be searching for shorebirds, ducks, birds of prey, and vibrant songbirds.
Scott’s Thursday Spring Bird Walks run April 22 through May 27, 2020.
Always a surprise and always entertaining, birding on the shore of CT is one of the highlights of spring. Get outdoors and enjoy a mid-week morning in the fresh air!
Call 203-245-9056 to register and pay with a credit card, please.
Our number one priority is to keep everyone safe. We reserve the right to cancel a trip, should circumstances change. Participants must conform to the following:
- Pre-registration required. Charge is $6 payable in advance. Call 203-245-9056
- Maximum group size is 10 plus leader(s).
- Masks are required at all times.
- Social distancing is required on the walks, minimum 6 ft.
- Meet Scott at 7:50am in the parking lot at the shop, 907 Boston Post Rd in Madison.
- You may carpool with family members only.
- No sharing of optics, please bring your own.
- If you have a telescope, bring it – no sharing.