Hammonasset Beach State Park here in Madison is widely regarded as one of the premier birding spots in CT, and springtime migration is a lot of fun. Approximately 240 of birds occur there annually, as the park boasts diverse habitats such as marsh, open water, woodland, grassland and shoreline.
Tropical migrants in their bright breeding finery will be seen as they return north to nesting grounds. We’ll be searching for shorebirds, ducks, birds of prey, and vibrant songbirds.
Our Spring Bird Walks run Saturdays April 11 through June 13th, 2020.
*Please meet Jerry at The Audubon Shop parking lot at 7:50am and carpool to the park. Return to the shop for some delicious shade grown coffee and a snack!
- No need to pre-register
- Easy, level terrain
- Dress for the weather (an extra layer is good)
- Bring binoculars (rentals available before departing)
- Your cameras and telescopes are welcomed
- Bug spray is always advisable
- $5.00 per person charge
- Call with any questions: 203-245-9056