Join Scott on Wednesdays for a Spring Migration Bird Walk at Hammonasset, one of Connecticut’s premier birding “hot spots”.
Hammonasset Beach State Park here in Madison is widely regarded as one of the premier birding spots in CT, and springtime migration is a lot of fun. Approximately 240 species of birds occur there annually, as the park boasts diverse habitats such as marsh, open water, woodland, grassland and shoreline.
Tropical migrants in their bright breeding finery will be seen as they return north to nesting grounds. We’ll be searching for shorebirds, ducks, birds of prey, and vibrant songbirds.
Scott has four Wednesday Spring Bird Walks this season – April 27th through May 25th, 2022.
Always a surprise and always entertaining, birding on the shore of CT is one of the highlights of spring. Get outdoors and enjoy a mid-week morning in the fresh air!
No need to pre-register.
Our number one priority is to keep everyone safe. We reserve the right to cancel a trip, should circumstances change.
- Charge is $6 payable in cash before the walk.
- Binoculars are necessary, and may be rented for $4.00 before the walk.
- Meet Scott at 7:50am in the parking lot of the shop, 907 Boston Post Rd in Madison.
- Depart at 8am.
- Carpooling is encouraged.
- If you have a telescope, bring it.