Join Scott for a Fall Bird Walk at Hammonasset Beach State Park here in Madison. Migrating hawks, eagles, owls, shorebirds, waterbirds, and songbirds can all be seen at one of Connecticut’s premier birding “hot spots”.
Birds migrating south are sometimes pushed by westerly winds towards the shore, so they hug the coastline. Birds of prey (hawks, falcons and eagles) can often be spotted soaring overhead or hunting along their routes. Several songbirds exchange bright spring feathers for more drab non-breeding colors, and Jerry will help you id these sometimes confusing differences.
Always a surprise and always entertaining, birding on the shore of CT is one of the highlights of fall. Get outdoors and enjoy a Saturday morning in the fresh air!
- Walks at Hammonasset will be held on 3 Wednesdays Sept. 20, 27 and Oct. 4, 2023
- Participants will meet Scott at The Audubon Shop at 7:50 am, carpool to the park at 8 and return at about 10:30.
- $6.00 cash charge per person – pay when you arrive, please.
- Beginners are welcome.
- No need to pre-register.
- The guided walk takes place from 8-10:30 am.
- Binoculars are necessary and may be rented for $4, please call to rent.