Free Standard Shipping on Binoculars and Telescopes
Birds of Europe: Second Edition
Since it was first published a decade ago, Birds of Europe has become the definitive field guide to the diverse bird life found in Europe.
Author: Text and Maps by Lars Svensson
Illustrator: Illustrations and Captions by Killian Mullarney and Dan Zetterström
Publisher: Princeton University Press
Year of Publication: 2010
448 pp., 3,500+ color illus., 848 maps
Since it was first published a decade ago, Birds of Europe has become the definitive field guide to the diverse bird life found in Europe. Now this superb guide has been brought fully up to date with revised text and maps along with added illustrations. Uniquely designed for easy use in the field, this expanded edition covers all 772 species found in the region as well as 32 introduced species or variants and 118 very rare visitors. Detailed species accounts describe key identification features, voice, habitat, range, and size. More than 3,500 full-color illustrations depict every species and all major plumage variations, and color distribution maps provide breeding, wintering, and migration ranges for every species.
Complete with an introduction to each group of birds that addresses major problems of observation and identification, this new edition is the ultimate field guide to Europe’s fascinating bird life.
- Expanded and fully updated.
- Covers all 772 species found in Europe, 32 introduced species or variants, and 118 very rare visitors.
- Features more than 3,500 color illustrations that depict every species Includes detailed species accounts
- Provides color distribution maps for every species
- Color plates face text and maps for at-a-glance identification
|Dimensions||10 x 8 x 1.3 in|