Birds of India Pakistan Nepal Bangladesh Bhutan Sri Lanka and the Maldives
Birds of India Pakistan Nepal Bangladesh Bhutan Sri Lanka and the Maldives Second Edition… the best field guide to the birds of the Indian subcontinent is now even better.
Author: Richard Grimmett, Carol Inskipp & Tim Inskipp
Publisher: Princeton University Press
Year of Publication: 2012
528 pp., 226 color illus., 1,375 maps
The Birds of India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, and the Maldives Second Edition… the best field guide to the birds of the Indian subcontinent is now even better.
Thoroughly revised, with 73 new plates and many others updated or repainted, this second edition now features all maps and text opposite the plates for quicker and easier reference. Newly identified species have been added, the text has been extensively revised, and all the maps are new. Comprehensive and definitive, this is the indispensable guide for anyone birding in this part of the world.
- The leading field guide to the birds of the Indian subcontinent–now thoroughly revised and improved
- 1,375 species illustrated and described, including all residents, migrants, and vagrants
- 226 color plates–including 73 new ones–depict every species and many distinct plumages and races
- Concise text and accurate distribution maps opposite plates for easy reference
- Includes newly identified species
|Dimensions||10 × 8 × 1.5 in|