Free Standard Shipping on Binoculars and Telescopes
Eagle Optics Ranger ED 8×42 Binocular
The new 2016 Eagle Optics Ranger ED 8×42 Binocular is one of the best bargains in the shop. If you lean towards high quality but the pocketbook says no, you’ve found the right binocular. 8×42 binoculars are in and of themselves the standard size for most backyard viewing. The little extras that go into the ED glasses make them truly exceptional.
Magnification: 8 x
Objective Lens Diameter: 42 mm
Field of View: 341 ft. at 1,000 yards
Minimum Focus Distance: 5.2 ft.
Exit Pupil Diameter: 5mm
Eye Relief: 19.5mm
Weatherproofing: Waterproof and fogproof
Close Focus: 5.2 ft.
Proven high-tech features in the Eagle Optics Ranger ED 8×42 binocular are guaranteed to impress, and continue the Eagle Optics tradition of offering optical excellence at a price you can afford. What defines optical excellence? Quality of glass, durability and performance in the field.
When well-seasoned professionals look through the superbly bright and amazingly sharp Ranger ED and exclaim, “wow!”, you know there’s something special about this binocular. Ranger binoculars incorporate high-quality, extra-low (ED) dispersion glass with dielectric and phase-corrected prism coatings, and fully multi-coated lenses. The Eagle Optics Ranger ED exceeds today’s expectations in this price range.
Whether you need a good close focus for observing butterflies and other bugs, or a wide field of view for spotting those speedy migrating warblers, or extra magnification and light gathering for long-distance viewing, the Ranger ED helps you reach new heights in your viewing pursuits.
Weight and Dimensions
- 23.6 oz. or approximately 1.48 lbs.
- 5.8 x 5.1 inches
- Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Glass – Enhances resolution, color, and contrast.
- Fully Multi-coated Lenses – Increase light transmission with multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces.
- Phase Correction – Enhances resolution and contrast through roof prisms.
- Dielectric Prism Coatings – Optimize light transmission.
- BaK-4 Prisms Optimize light transmission.
- Roof Prisms – Appreciated for a streamlined shape and durability
- Polycarbonate Body – Is lightweight.
- Rubber Armoring – Provides a secure, non-slip grip.
- Adjustable Eyecups – Twist up and down for comfortable viewing with or without eyeglasses.
- Center Focus Wheel – Adjusts both binocular barrels at the same time.
- Locking Right Eye Diopter – Adjusts for differences in a user’s eyes. Located by the right eyepiece.
- Tripod Adaptable – Can be mounted using standard ¼-inch threading. Adapter sold separately.
- Waterproof – Optics are sealed with O-rings to prevent moisture, dust, and debris from getting inside the binocular.
- Fogproof – Barrels are filled with nitrogen gas to inhibit internal fogging.
|Dimensions||10 x 10 x 6 in|