A Field Guide to the Birds of Taiwan
Update 8/1/23: Out of stock, we are currently trying to get more of these great books.
A Field Guide to the Birds of Taiwan, published in 2017, is the newest field guide to this unique island.
Comes with two additional maps as listed. Lots of info to help you make the most out of your tour!
Author: Mu-Chi Hsiao
Illustrator: Cheng-Lin Li
Publisher: Wild Bird Society of Taipei
Year of Publication: 2017
416pp, 190 colored illustrations
Update 8/1/23: Out of stock, we’ll see if we can get any more of these.
Covering over 670 species found in Taiwan and surrounding islets including 27 endemic species and 56 endemic subspecies, this new English edition of A Field Guide to the Birds of Taiwan features artwork detailing seasonal, age, sexual, and subspecies differences in approximately 190 annotated color plates, updated distribution maps, and concise but informative text dealing not only with identification but aspects of biology such as habitat and voice. This new guide should be a valuable addition to any birder’s library.
As an aside, Jerry was lucky enough to go on a birding adventure in Taiwan in the fall of 2017. The birds were fantastic, travel was easy, lodging excellent, people friendly and enthusiastic about birding. He had a great time and added some unique birds to his life list. Go there!
A Field Guide to the Birds of Taiwan is a very well-produced guide with excellent color illustrations.
- In English, with English, Chinese and scientific names.
- Range maps opposite color plates with concise but complete identification text.
- Accounts include English, Latin, and Chinese name, characteristics, similar species, habitat, voice and status.
- Key field marks are noted on the plates beside the illustrations.
- The book includes a map and brief descriptions of Birdwatching Attractions in Taiwan.
- Very reasonably sized for the field.
- An excellent way to prepare for your trip to the fascinating and friendly island of Taiwan!
|Dimensions||8 × 6 × 2 in|