Free Standard Shipping on Binoculars and Telescopes
Leica Noctivid 8×42 Binocular
The Leica Noctovid 8×42 Binocular combine the highlights of the most proven and state-of-the-art technologies. Thanks to the Schott HT™ high transmission glass for the binocular prisms already utilized in the Ultravid HD-Plus optics, the Noctivid also features maximum transmission and astoundingly natural colors. In general, we prefer 8’s over 10’s for depth of field and ease of use for most people.
Objective Lens Diameter: 42mm
Field of View: 433 ft at 1,000 yards
Angle of View: 6.4°
Exit Pupil Diameter: 8.4mm
Eye Relief: 19mm
Light Transmission: 92%
Weatherproofing: Watertight to a depth of 16.5 ft.
Close Focus: 6.2 ft.
The Leica Noctivid 8×42 Binocular combines the highlights of the most proven and state-of-the-art technologies. Thanks to the Schott HT high transmission glass for the binocular prisms already utilized in the Ultravid HD-Plus optics, the Noctivid also features maximum transmission and astoundingly natural colors.
More than a century of experience in the development of long-range viewing instruments, microscopes and cameras has led to a new family of Leica premium binoculars: the Noctivid binoculars. They feature compact dimensions as well as stylish and elegant design and are at the same time incredibly robust and resilient.
These binoculars set new standards in their design. The slim binoculars can be held comfortably with one hand. Thanks to their short overall length, the weight is ideally balanced and rests mostly in the palm of the hand for fatigue-free viewing. The Noctivids are made with a dual-hinge/open-bridge that provides added gripping surface area while reducing the overall weight without sacrificing strength or stability.
Its chassis is made of a lightweight and strong magnesium alloy that, when combined with the bridge configuration, further reduces the weight while shifting the center of gravity to the natural hand position which translates to an improved handling experience with greatly reduced fatigue – allowing you to hold the binoculars for extended periods of time. To withstand the rigors of extensive outdoor use, all of the metal surfaces are treated with a proprietary varnish coating to resist corrosion and wear, and the optical tubes are nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to be fogproof, waterproof, and submersible.
- SCHOTT HT Glass and 12 Lens Elements
- P40 Phase-Corrected Roof Prisms
- Anti-Reflection Fully Multi-Coated Optics
- HighLux and AquaDura Optical Coatings
- Wide 64° Apparent Angle of View
- Nitrogen-Filled, Water and Fogproof
- Dual-Hinge, Open-Bridge Configuration
- Magnesium Alloy Chassis
- Large Center Focusing Knob
- Twist-Up Click-Stop Eyecups
- Weight: 30.3 ounces, or 1.89 lbs.
- 8x magnification
- 42mm objective lenses
- Compact roof prism optical path
- SCHOTT HT (High Transmission) glass and 12 lens elements ensure accurate color rendition
- Wide 64° apparent angle of view
- 443′ field of view at 1000 yards
- Long 19mm eye relief
- Comfortable 4.2mm exit pupil
- Multi-layer, high-temperature plasma anti-reflection lens coating deposition process ensures balanced light transmission across the entire visible spectrum
- P40 phase-correcting prism coatings increase light transmission while improving contrast and clarity
- HighLux-System (HLS) maximizes light throughput to improve color rendition and contrast
- Internal baffle system reduces scattered light which can interfere with contrast, color, and clarity
- Hydrophobic AquaDura coatings on external optical surfaces allows dirt, dust, and fingerprints to be removed easily
- Lens design and integrated field flatteners reduce spherical aberration and distortion across the entire field of view for edge-to-edge sharpness
Use and Handling
- Open-bridge configuration provides additional gripping surface area
- Large center focusing wheel
- 56-74mm adjustable interpupillary distance
- ±4 right-eye dioptric correction range
- Twist-out 4-position click-stop eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
|Dimensions||14 × 14 × 10 in|