Free Standard Shipping on Binoculars and Telescopes
Leica Trinovid HD 8×42 Binocular
The newly redesigned (2016) Leica Trinovid HD 8×42 Binocular is an excellent value and packed with features usually only found in the higher priced models.
Objective Lens Diameter: 42mm
Field of View: 373′ at 1,000 yards
Minimum Focus Distance: 6′
Exit Pupil Diameter: 5.25mm
Eye Relief: 17mm
Diopter Correction: ± 4 dpt
Weatherproofing: Waterproof and fogproof
Close Focus: 6′
Twilight Factor: 18.3
The newly remodeled (2016) Leica Trinovid HD 8×42 Binocular is an excellent value and packed with features usually only found in the higher priced models. Attractively priced and a great entry level binocular, these new Trinovid HD models build on a brand name that has always been synonymous with quality.
The Leica Trinovid HD 8×42 binoculars feel lighter in weight and surprisingly more compact than similar 42mm models. A lightweight and strong aluminum internal body shaves precious ounces off the Trinovid HD models. Users will find the texturized rubber non-slip chassis comfortable to grip, and the binoculars are very well balanced in the hand. Rubberized body coatings also provide protection against normal bumps on the road and in the field.
The center hinge is smoother than silk, and is partially covered on either side by a simple wing feature that provides a place for fingers to rest as well as grip.
Trinovid HD optical tubes are nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to make them waterproof (submersible to 13′), as well as fogproof. This is important when moving between extreme temperature fluctuations and altitudes.
Twist-out rubberized eyecups are adjustable for eyeglass wearers. The diopter adjustment is just below the right occular lens, and is also easy to adjust.
The proprietary Leica glass is bright and clear, providing an excellent image edge to edge. As with higher end models, coatings on the lenses are both water and dirt resistant.
Focusing is also smoother than silk, and these Trinovid HD 8×42’s offer a focus range from 6′ to infinity.
Included in this package is a convenient rainguard that attaches to the strap, a newly designed Adventure Strap (see details below), and a three year Passport Warranty usually reserved for the more expensive Leica products.
The 3 year Leica Passport Warranty covering just about anything that might happen to the binoculars in that period, is followed by a limited lifetime warranty covering manufacture defects.
- 4.6″ x 5.5″ x 2.5″, or 117 x140 x 65 mm
- 8x magnification
- 42mm objective lenses
- Compact roof prism optical path
- P40 phase corrected prism coatings increases contrast and provides true color rendition
- HLS (HighLux System): Highly reflective coatings on prisms reduce internal light loss
- HDC anti-reflection fully multi-coatings increase light transmission throughout optical path
- 373′ field of view at 1000 yards
- 54° apparent angle of view
- Short 6′ close focus distance
Use and Handling
- Closed bridge configuration
- 4-position click-stop twist-up rubber eyecups
- Tripod mountable with optional adapter
- ±4 right-eye diopter correction
- Long 17mm eye relief
- Wide 5.25mm exit pupil
- Roof prism
- Lightweight and durable magnesium alloy housing
- Black, protective, textured rubber armor for a slip-resistant grip
- Nitrogen-filled, water and fogproof. Submersible to 13′ (4m)
- Tethered objective lens caps
- Weight: 25.75 oz., or 1.61 lbs.
- Water and dirt repellent neoprene
- Strap/Harness system also acts as carrying bag
- Can be set up in two different bino-harness configurations or as a conventional strap
- Harness system relieves neck strain and transfers weight to shoulders
|Dimensions||12 × 10 × 6 in|