Stoke’s Beginner’s Guide to Birds, Eastern Region
We’ve been selling these great little guides since they came out, and still love them! Easy to use, great for kids and adult beginners, alike.
Author: Donald & Lillian Stokes
Publisher: Little, Brown and Co.
Year of Publication: 1996
Stoke’s Beginner’s Guide to Birds, Eastern Region continues to be our go-to for a great introduction to common back yard birds.
From two of America’s foremost authorities on birds, this pocket-size, brilliantly colorful, simple-to-use guide is an ideal introduction to the birds of the Eastern United States.
This pocket-size, brilliantly colorful, simple-to-use guide is an ideal introduction to the birds of the Eastern United States. It contains dozens of full-color photographs that enable readers of all ages to identify the most common species; range maps; tips on attracting and observing birds; information on habitat needs, life cycle, food preferences; and much more.
Special features include:
- Coverage of 100 species
- Unique organization by birds’ plumage colors
- User-friendly color tab index for quick reference
- Brilliant full-color photographs of each species, plus separate images of male and female when plumage differs
- Useful tips for attracting birds
- Information on voice, habitat, nest, eggs, incubation time, population trends, behavior, birdhouse and feeder preferences, and much more