Join Jerry and Co. for a small group Spring Migration Bird Walk at Hammonasset, one of Connecticut’s premier birding “hot spots”.
Hammonasset Beach State Park here in Madison is widely regarded as one of the premier birding spots in CT, and springtime migration is a lot of fun. Approximately 240 species of birds occur there annually, as the park boasts diverse habitats such as marsh, open water, woodland, grassland and shoreline.
Tropical migrants in their bright breeding finery will be seen as they return north to nesting grounds. We’ll be searching with eyes and ears for shorebirds, ducks, birds of prey, and vibrant songbirds. This is a good chance to learn bird song.
Our weekend Spring Bird Walks run Saturdays April 15 through June 17, 2023.
*See our popular mid week Wednesdays in May with Scott, also.
Always a surprise and always entertaining, birding on the shore of CT is one of the highlights of spring. Get outdoors and enjoy a Saturday morning in the fresh air!
No need to pre-register.
Our number one priority is to keep everyone safe. We reserve the right to cancel a trip, should circumstances change.
- Meet Jerry at 7:50am in the parking lot at the shop.
- Charge is $6 per person paid in cash before we depart the shop.
- Dress for the weather, extra layers are advised.
- Please bring binoculars, or they are available to rent beforehand for $4.00.
- We will carpool to the park.
- If you have a telescope, bring it!