Holographic Scare Tape
Holographic Scare Tape is an effective tool that you can use to keep birds away from areas around your house that you’d like to protect. We cut sections from the 100′ roll, and hang it on the corners of our house where we have had some woodpecker damage. No more woodpeckers on the house!
Our Holographic Scare Tape was recommended to us years ago by a wildlife expert as a great deterrent for woodpeckers who may be pecking holes in a house or garage, and this simple wide ribbon works! We even use it on our home. The reflective “hologram” pattern shines in the sun and even on cloudy days.
While it’s officially listed as a “scarecrow device”, we still have plenty of birds out on our feeders and in the woods, so no worries there. This inexpensive 100 ft roll can be cut in 2-4ft sections, depending on where you want to hang it. It is not sticky. It’s a sturdy, 1″ wide plastic-like ribbon that lasts outdoors for many seasons (even in our New England weather).
We had a handyman climb a ladder and tack it on the corners of our house where we had seen woodpecker activity. We cut 2-3′ strips to hang, so the breeze gently blows them and keeps birds away. No more woodpeckers…and we hardly notice the ribbon.
- Reflective scarecrow tape with “moving” holograms that flash dramatically in the sunlight
- May also be hung in front of windows to keep birds from flying into them
- Helps protect fruit trees, berries, and grapevines, as well
- Great for balconies and railings, outbuildings, etc.
- Not sticky, must be tacked onto building or tied
|Dimensions||4 × 4 × 5 in|