Swarovski STS 80 HD Spotting Scope Body
The Swarovski STS (Straight) 80 HD Spotting Scope Body is characterized by optics that offer exceptional edge-to-edge sharpness and color fidelity. (Please note that the price listed is just for the spotting scope body. There are two compatible eyepieces in the Swarovski line, available below.)
Magnification: 25-50x Wide Angle and 20-60x eyepieces are available for purchase
Objective Lens Diameter: 80mm
Field of View: With 20-60x eyepiece: 118-66 ft @ 1000 yd / With 25-50x eyepiece: 138-89 ft @ 1000 yd
Angle of View: With 20-60x eyepiece: 65-40
Minimum Focus Distance: With 20-60x eyepiece: 16.4 feet / With 25-50mm eyepiece: 16.4 feet
Exit Pupil Diameter: With 20-60x eyepiece at 20x: 4.0mm, at 60x: 1.3mm / With 25-50x eyepiece at 25x: 3.2mm, at 50x: 1.6mm
Light Transmission: With 20-60mm eyepiece: 82% / With 25-50x eyepiece: 86%
Weatherproofing: Waterproof & fogproof
Operating Temperature: -13 to 131
Storage Temperature: -22 to 158
Close Focus: With 20-60x eyepiece: 16.4 ft / With 25-50x eyepiece: 16.4 ft.
The straight view of the STS 80 is particularly beneficial to those who need to find moving targets quickly. The 80 mm objective lens diameter provides higher detail recognition, while a wider exit pupil ensures brighter images and comfortable viewing even in poor lighting conditions.
The 80mm objective lens lets in more light than the 65mm, allowing for use of higher magnifications in poorer light than with the 65mm scope. The 80mm scope is larger, heavier and more expensive, but we at The Audubon Shop comfortably carry this scope on our tropical birding travels.
The Swarovski ATS 80 HD spotting scope feature elements with extra-low dispersion glass. This provides an even more remarkable image, with better edge resolution. In particular, color fringing is nearly eliminated. Subjects with intricate patterns will have crisper delineation, something enthusiastic birders will greatly appreciate.
PLEASE NOTE: This spotting scope body is sold separately from the eyepiece. You must also purchase an eyepiece for viewing. There are two compatible eyepieces in the Swarovski line available for purchase with this telescope body:
- Push-on objective lens cap
- Push-on rear cap for body (good for storage when taking the eyepiece off)
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- 80 mm objective lens (3.1″)
- BAK4 prism optimizes light transmission
- HD optics: fluoride glass elements with Swarovski’s proprietary coatings yield superior edge-sharpness, digiscoping imagery, excellent twilight performance
- Fully multicoated on all air-to-glass surfaces
- SWAROCLEAN coating: The non-stick proprietary external coating makes cleaning/removing dried-on mineral residue, insect repellent, and tree resin easier. Over time the lens’ surface will require less intensive cleaning which significantly increases the longevity of the optic.
Use and Handling:
- Straight viewing
- Helical focusing is fast and accurate
- Tripod mounting: 1/4″-20 & 3/8″-16
- Side-mounted peep sight to aid initial locating
- Rotating tripod collar with detented click stops
- Integral retractable lens hood shades and protects objective lens
- Rugged armor-covered aluminum housing
- Nitrogen purged and sealed for water and fogproof performance
- Weight: 3.69 lbs
- Dimensions: 14″ long x 80mm objective lens
|Dimensions||16 × 6 × 5 in|