Free Standard Shipping on Binoculars and Telescopes
The Sibley Guide to Birds, Second Edition
The Sibley Guide to Birds, Second Edition is the much anticipated 2014 update to Mr. Sibley’s groundbreaking work published in 2000.
Author: David Allen Sibley
Illustrator: David Allen Sibley
Publisher: Alfred A. Knopf, Inc.
Year of Publication: 2014
The Sibley Guide to Birds, Second Edition (second printing) is the *new and improved* update to Mr. Sibley’s landmark 2000 field guide. Used by millions of birders from novices to the most expert, The Sibley Guide became the standard by which natural history guides are measured. The highly anticipated second edition builds on this foundation of excellence, offering massively expanded and updated information, new paintings, new and rare species, and a new, elegant design.
- The second edition of this handsome, flexibound volume offers a wealth of improvements and updates:
All illustrations reproduced 15 to 20 percent larger for better detail. Includes nearly 7,000 paintings digitally remastered from original art for enhanced print quality.
- Expanded text includes habitat information and voice description for every species and more tips on finding birds in the field.
- More than 600 new paintings, including illustrations of 115 rare species and additional paintings of common species and regional populations.
- More than 700 updated maps of ranges, showing winter, summer, year-round, migration, and rare ranges. 85 bird family pages now cross-referenced to species accounts.
- Revised taxonomic order and most current common names for every species.
The Sibley Guide to Birds, second edition, brings the genius of David Allen Sibley to the world once again in a thoroughly updated and expanded volume that every birder must own. This is the second printing of the second edition, with improved text and species color.
|Dimensions||10 x 8 x 1.6 in|