Vortex Diamondback HD 8×42 Binocular
The new (2019) Vortex Diamondback HD 8×42 Binocular is bright! Slender roof prism design that is easy in the hand, fully multi-coated and phase corrected optics, and waterproof and fog proof – these binoculars have the Vortex VIP Warranty and are an Audubon Shop favorite.
Item Weight: 1.37lbs
Objective Lens Diameter: 42mm
Field of View: 420 ft. at 1000 yards
Angle of View: 7.5 degrees
Minimum Focus Distance: 5 ft.
Exit Pupil Diameter: 5.25
Eye Relief: 17mm
Weatherproofing: Waterproof and fogproof
Close Focus: 5 ft.
Highly rated by our birding and nature viewing crew at The Audubon Shop! The affordable Vortex Diamondback HD 8×42 Binocular is a newer model (2019), and wow – what an upgrade in clarity and design.
Superior quality, high-performance optics are now affordable. The smooth, center-focusing 8×42 Diamondback binocular takes you to the fine details that you prize. This rugged binocular is striking in how well it enables you to detect movement even in low light conditions.
A huge field-of-view — the largest in its class — enhanced fully multi-coated optics, phase-corrected prisms, waterproof and fog proof construction, soft tapered eye cups, and rugged rubber armor make the new Diamondbacks a great choice for beginners and experienced nature viewers alike.
Comes with a padded case, harness for the case, occular lens rain guard, objective lens covers for storage, strap and soft, reusable lens cloth.
Backed by the ironclad Vortex VIP Unconditional Warranty, the Vortex Diamondback HD 8×42 Binocular will bring your world into view!
- Are you debating between an 8x or 10x binocular? Most people get much more stability out of the 8’s, so our advice is to stick with an 8x rather than choosing the 10’s.
Weight and Dimensions
- Weight: 21.8 oz, or 1.37 lbs
- Dimensions: 5.7″ high x 5.1″ wide
- HD Optical System Optimized with select glass elements to deliver exceptional resolution, cut chromatic aberration and provide outstanding color fidelity, edge-to-edge sharpness and light transmission.
- Fully Multi-Coated Increase light transmission with multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces.
- Dielectric Coating Multi-layer prism coatings provide bright, clear, color-accurate images.
- ArmorTek ® Ultra-hard, scratch-resistant coating protects exterior lenses from scratches, oil and dirt.
- Roof Prism – Valued for greater durability and a more compact size.
- Waterproof – O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust and debris from penetrating the binocular for reliable performance in all environments.
Shockproof – Rugged construction withstands recoil and impact.
- Fogproof – Argon gas purging prevents internal fogging over a wide range of temperatures.
- Rubber Armor – Provides a secure, non-slip grip, and durable external protection.
- Adjustable Eyecups – Twist up and down for comfortable viewing with or without eyeglasses.
- Center Focus Wheel – Adjusts the focus of both binocular barrels at the same time.
- Diopter – Adjusts for differences in a user’s eyes. Located on right eyepiece.
- Tripod Adaptable – Compatible with a tripod adapter, allowing use on a tripod or car window mount.
Included in the box
- Comfort neck strap
- GlassPak binocular case, padded for protection
- GlassPak case harness
- Tethered objective lens covers
- Rainguard eyepiece cover
- Lens cloth
|Dimensions||10 × 8 × 4 in|