The Sibley Field Guide to Birds of Eastern North America
~We have a number of signed copies – perfect for gift giving!
This second edition of the The Sibley Field Guide to Birds of Eastern North America, newly published in March of 2016, contains virtually all birds that occur east of the Rocky Mountains. Portable and well thought out format, excellent illustrations.
Author: David Allen Sibley
Illustrator: David Allen Sibley
Publisher: Alfred A. Knopf
Year of Publication: 2016
439 pages, 421 plates
Update 9/24/23 – Want a signed copy? We recently saw David and he graciously signed a bunch, so order now for gift giving!
Completely revised and updated, The Sibley Field Guide to Birds of Eastern North America is for all birders seeking an authoritative guide to the birds of the east in a portable format that is easy to carry into the field.
Compact and comprehensive, this guide features 650 bird species, plus regional populations, found east of the Rocky Mountains. Entries include stunningly accurate illustrations–more than 4,601 in total–with descriptive captions pointing out the most important field marks.
Each entry has been updated to include the most current information concerning frequency, nesting, behavior, food and feeding, voice description, and key identification features. There are more than 601 updated maps drawn from information contributed by 110 regional experts across the continent, and showing winter, summer, year-round, migration, and rare ranges. The Sibley Field Guide to Birds of Eastern North America will be a great addition to your field guide library.
- Updated habitat, description, behavior, and conservation text for each species account and all family pages (drawn from the second edition of The Sibley Guide to Birds and tailored for the specific region).
- All illustrations, including new and revised illustrations of species and regional forms, are taken from the re-scanned and meticulously color-corrected second printing of the second edition of the Sibley Guide.
- New design reflects the layout of The Sibley Guide to Birds, Second Edition. All species accounts are now presented in columns, rather than stacked, allowing for better comparison and more illustrations and text for each species.
- Current taxonomic order and up-to-date common names.
- All maps revised to reflect the most current range information.
- More species and rarities included.
|Dimensions||4.5 × 7.5 × 1 in|