Birds of East Africa Kenya Tanzania Uganda Rwanda Burundi Second Edition
Birds of East Africa Kenya Tanzania Uganda Rwanda Burundi Second Edition is a new, revised edition (2020). Quite the field guide to birds in these important habitats.
Author: Terry Stevenson and John Fanshawe
Illustrator: John Gale and Brian Small
Publisher: Princeton University Press
Year of Publication: 2020
640 pp., 289 color plates, 3500 illustrations, revised maps
Birds of East Africa Kenya Tanzania Uganda Rwanda Burundi Second Edition is widely regarded as one of the best field guides to any region of the world. Named a “BirdTwitch” Best Bird Book of the year for Africa when it was first published, it has become the go-to guide for anyone visiting this spectacular birding region, which is home to a remarkably diverse and colorful bird life. In 2020 this indispensable guide was fully revised and updated to make it even better.
Featuring revised text and distribution maps, the latest taxonomy, and much more, this comprehensive but compact guide describes and illustrates 1,448 species—all the resident, migrant, and vagrant birds of Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, and Burundi—in convenient facing-page layout. Featuring 289 color plates with more than 3,500 painstakingly rendered images, the guide depicts all the plumages and major races likely to be encountered.
Introductory sections include information on conservation and where to send records, as well as maps of important bird areas. More than ever, this is the must-have guide for birding in East Africa. Birds of East Africa Kenya Tanzania Uganda Rwanda Burundi Second Edition is a must-have for travel to theses countries.
- The standard field guide to the birds of East Africa—now fully revised and updated
- New edition features revised text and distribution maps, the latest taxonomy, and much more
- Covers all 1,448 regularly occurring species, with more than 3,500 images on 289 color plates
- Features concise, facing-page species accounts that cover identification features, status, range, habits, and voice
- More than ever, the must-have guide for birding in East Africa
|Dimensions||5.5 × 1 × 8.25 in|