Birds of Southern Africa
Birds of Southern Africa, Fourth Edition continues to be the best and most authoritative guide to the bird species of this remarkable region.
Author: Ian Sinclair, Phil Hockey, Warwick Tarboton and Peter Ryan
Publisher: Princeton University Press
Year of Publication: 2011
448 pp.; 213 color plates; 950+ maps
Birds of Southern Africa is the fully revised fourth edition, and covers all birds found in South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, and southern Mozambique. The 213 dazzling color plates depict more than 950 species and are accompanied by more than 950 color maps and detailed facing text.
This edition includes new identification information on behavior and habitat, updated taxonomy, additional artwork, improved raptor and wader plates with flight images for each species, up-to-date distribution maps reflecting resident and migrant species, and calendar bars indicating occurrence throughout the year and breeding months.
- Fully updated and revised
- 213 color plates featuring more than 950 species
- 950+ color maps and over 380 new improved illustrations
- Up-to-date distribution maps show the relative abundance of a species in the region and indicate resident or migrant status
- New identification information on behavior and habitat
- Taxonomy includes relevant species lumps and splits
- Raptor and wader plates with flight images for each species
- Calendar bars indicate occurrence throughout the year and breeding months.
|Dimensions||8.2 × 5.8 × 1.2 in|