Free Standard Shipping on Binoculars and Telescopes
Wildlife of Madagascar
Wildlife of Madagascar is a compact and beautifully illustrated photographic guide, and an essential companion for any visitor or resident.
Author: Ken Behrens and Keith Barnes
Publisher: Princeton University Press
Year of Publication: 2016
344 pages, 907 color photos, 382 maps
*Publication date Nov, 2016. Available for pre-order, only.
The Indian Ocean island of Madagascar is one of the world’s great natural treasures and ecotourism destinations. Despite being an island, it is home to nearly an entire continent’s variety of species, from the famous lemurs to a profusion of bizarre and beautiful birds, reptiles and amphibians. Wildlife of Madagascar is a compact and beautifully illustrated photographic guide, and an essential companion for any visitor or resident. With an eye-catching design, authoritative and accessible text and easy-to-use format, it provides information on identification, distribution, habitat, behavior, biology and conservation for all the mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians and butterflies likely to be seen.
This is a highly anticipated book, by two outstanding and knowledgeable guides.
- The most comprehensive single-volume field guide to Madagascar’s wildlife
- Attractive layout features more than 900 stunning color photographs
- Covers the mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians and butterflies, and some of the other invertebrates and plants, most likely to be seen
- Provides key information about identification, distribution, habitat, behavior and conservation
- Introductory sections provide background information on Madagascar and its unique environments
|Dimensions||12 x 10 x 1.5 in|