Recycled Bluebird House
Our Recycled Bluebird House is sure to provide years of service as it will not peel, chip, crack or fade. Easy to clean!
Our Recycled Bluebird House is sure to provide years of service in your yard, as it will not peel, chip, crack or fade. Constructed of recycled milk bottles and other plastics, the front panel of the box is held in place by a long cotter pin that is installed on the lower right side. Once the pin is removed, the front panel of the house slides off for easy cleaning after each nesting. Also built into the design is adequate ventilation and a 1.5″ diameter hole for Bluebirds.
Features a predator guard around the opening that prevents a raccoon from reaching in.
We highly recommend placing a copper hole protector (as in picture) over the entrance hole to prevent any critters from making the hole bigger (woodpeckers, squirrels). We can install this for you, just ask in notes on the order.
Bluebird nesting boxes should be mounted on a post or pole 4-6′ off the ground. Mounting on a tree invites predation by raccoons or squirrels. We carry the perfect 6′ metal pole that comes with a flange for mounting the box and is easy to tap into the ground.
We do advise placing a squirrel baffle under the box.
- 1.5″ entrance hole
- Dimensions: 7.5″ x 7″ x 15″
- Weight: 5 lbs
- Attractive blue and gray color.
- Constructed with wood screws.
- Made from recycled milk jugs, aka poly-lumber, which keeps plastic out of our landfills.
- Front of box slides off for easy monitoring and cleaning.
- Predator guard surrounds entrance hole.
- Add a Copper Portal Protector (pictured) for $3.50, you’ll be glad you did! Ask us to install it before shipping.
- Made in the USA
- Other birds that may use this cavity size are Chickadees and Tree Swallows.
|Dimensions||8.5 × 8.5 × 17 in|