The Sibley Field Guide to Birds of Western North America
9/24/23 Our existing stock is autographed by Mr. Sibley!
The Sibley Field Guide to Birds of Western North America is compact and comprehensive. This guide features 715 bird species, plus regional populations, found west of the Rocky Mountains. Meticulous and accurate illustrations–more than 5,046 in total, by one of North America’s premier bird artists.
Author: David Allen Sibley
Illustrator: David Allen Sibley
Publisher: Alfred A. Knopf
Year of Publication: 2016
The Sibley Field Guide to Birds of Western North America is an indispensable resource for all birders seeking an authoritative guide to the birds of the West in a portable format is easily carried into the field.
Compact and comprehensive, this guide features 715 bird species, plus regional populations, found west of the Rocky Mountains. Regional populations of birds are included. Entries include stunningly accurate illustrations–more than 5,046 in total–with descriptive captions pointing out the most important field marks. Each entry has been updated to include the most current information concerning frequency, nesting, behavior, food and feeding, voice description, and key identification features.
There are more than 652 updated maps drawn from information contributed by 110 regional experts across the continent, and showing winter, summer, year-round, migration, and rare ranges.
Update 9/24/23: We have 9 copies in stock of The Sibley Field Guide to Birds of Western North America and they are all autographed – grab one for gift giving!
- Updated habitat, description, behavior, and conservation text for each species account and all family pages (drawn from the second edition of The Sibley Guide to Birds and tailored for the specific region).
- All illustrations, including new and revised illustrations of species and regional forms, are taken from the re-scanned and meticulously color-corrected second printing of the second edition of The Sibley Guide.
- New design reflects the layout of The Sibley Guide to Birds, Second Edition. All species accounts are now presented in columns, rather than stacked, allowing for better comparison and more illustrations and text for each species.
- Current taxonomic order and up-to-date common names.
- All maps revised to reflect the most current range information.
- More species and rarities included.
|4.5 × 7.5 × 1 in
You may also like…
The Sibley Guide to Birds Second Edition$40.50 Add to cart
Birding by Ear Eastern Central Audio CD$36.00 Add to cart
Watching Warblers East DVD$34.95 Add to cart
Watching Warblers West DVD$34.95 Read more
National Geographic Field Guide to Birds of North America 7th edition$26.95 Read more
Sibley’s Birding Basics$14.35 Add to cart