Swarovski STX/BTX/ATX 115mm Objective Module
The Swarovski STX/BTX/ATX 115mm Objective Module is a great piece of glass.
(Please note that the price listed is just for the spotting scope body. There are three compatible eyepieces in the Swarovski line, see listing.)
Item Weight: 4.63 lbs
Objective Lens Diameter: 115 mm
Diopter Correction: > 5 dpt
Filter Thread: M118 x 0.75
Weatherproofing: 13 ft / 4 m water depth (inert gas filling)
Operating Temperature: -13 to +131 °F
Storage Temperature: -22 to +158 °F
As the largest objective lens on the market, the Swarovski STX/BTX/ATX 115mm Objective Module sets new standards in nature watching and provides some crucial benefits. This device pushes optical tests to their limits and is the ultimate benchmark for those who want to see even tiny details in razor-sharp focus.
This objective lens outperforms all others at long distances. Swarovski combines the legendary image quality and world-class workmanship that nature enthusiasts, tactical professionals, and researchers have come to expect from the brand. The 115mm objective strikes a nice balance between light-gathering ability and portability, making it well suited for the hunter, outdoor enthusiast, or birder. Extra-low dispersion fluoride glass elements efficiently transmit all wavelengths of visible light, resulting in bright images that are color faithful, crisp, and rich with detail.
An integrated field-flattener lens system corrects spherical aberrations to reveal crisp details at the edges of the view without distortion. SWARODUR and SWAROTOP coatings on all lenses and prisms minimize glare while maximizing contrast.
Different objective and eyepiece modules can be flexibly combined with a unique degree of precision, and offer unparalleled viewing. For detailed nature watching, four lens sizes are available: 65 mm, 85 mm, 95 mm and now, 115 mm. All of these objective (outer body) lenses require an eyepiece.
When you couple this Swarovski STX/BTX/ATX 115mm Objective Module with either an STX or ATX eyepiece, the resulting power (zoom) range is 30 – 70x.
When you couple this objective with a BTX eyepiece the resulting power 35x.
Complementing the optical performance and technologies is a lightweight and durable magnesium-alloy chassis that is wrapped in a protective rubber armor. Its optical tubes are nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be dustproof, waterproof and submersible, and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature changes or environmental conditions. The tripod collar has a 1/4″-20 socket on the bottom of the Arca-Swiss-compatible shoe and a rotating collar to allow for precise eyepiece placement relative to the mounting system.
This extra-large 115mm objective, versus the 65mm, 85mm, and 95mm models, draws in more light and produces a larger exit pupil to improve its low-light capabilities and make it an invaluable companion from the pre-dawn hours to all the way past dusk. The bayonet mount for the available eyepiece modules is backward compatible with the original ATX/STX objective modules, to make it easy for users to upgrade their objectives without needing a new eyepiece module.
- Optional eyepiece module required: straight (STX) or angled (ATX) viewing and binocular viewer (BTX) available
- Extra-large 115mm objective lens draws in more light than all other modules and produces a large exit pupil for improved low-light performance
- Extra-low dispersion fluoride HD glass limits chromatic aberrations to produce clearer and sharper views with little or no color fringing
- Field-flattener lens system eliminates spherical aberrations to eliminate distortion at the edges of the field of view
- Anti-reflection SWAROTOP lens coatings reduce glare and improve contrast, color rendition, and clarity
- Scratch-resistant SWARODUR coatings protect exterior lens surfaces
- Lightweight and impact-resistant magnesium-alloy housing
- Rubber armor protects against impacts while providing a slip-resistant grip for more secure handling during setup and breakdown
- SWAROCLEAN (proprietary) non-stick coating on exposed lens surfaces allows sap and oils to be easily cleaned for clearer views
- Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be dust-proof, waterproof/submersible to 13′, and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature changes or
- environmental conditions
- -13 to 131°F operating temperature range
Use and Handling
- Large focusing collar is easy to turn, even when wearing gloves
- Rotating tripod mount allow for precise eyepiece placement
- M118 x 0.75 objective lens threads allows the use of polarizing or neutral-density filters to improve the view in challenging conditions such as when using on or near water or snow
- Tripod shoe is compatible with Arca-Swiss quick release heads, so no additional plates or adapters are required
- Standard 1/4″-20 socket on bottom of shoe, if needed
What’s in the box
- Swarovski ATX/STX/BTX 115mm Objective Lens Module (Eyepiece Module Required)
- Objective Lens Cap
- Rear Bayonet Mount Cap
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
Not in the box
- Essential Eyepieces (Not Included)
- User Manual