Free Standard Shipping on Binoculars and Telescopes
Cedar Slot Style Bluebird Nesting Box
Our Cedar Slot Style Bluebird Nesting Box is a proven style that provides a quick escape route for brooding females, should you have House Sparrows in your neighborhood. It’s also a style that is easy to monitor and clean.
Our Cedar Slot Style Bluebird Nesting Box is great for yards where House Sparrows may be a pest to nesting birds. The slot-style opening will be used by Bluebirds, and will provide an easy escape route for the brooding female Bluebird, should House Sparrows try to take over.
Also, House Sparrows are less likely to be attracted to this style of opening.
Handcrafted in western Massachusetts.
Bluebird nesting boxes should be mounted on a post or pole 4-6′ off the ground. Mounting on a tree invites predation by Raccoons or Squirrels.
We carry the perfect and inexpensive 6′ metal pole that comes with a flange for mounting the box and is easy to tap into the ground.
We also recommend a Squirrel Baffle or Raccoon Baffle placed below the box on the pole or post. Our Post-mount Raccoon Baffle is the perfect predator guard for a 4″x4″ wooden post..
- Slot-style entrance hole at top of box, below roof
- Dimensions: 6.75″ x 6.50″ x 14″
- Weight: 3 lbs
- Constructed with wood screws
- The front swings open from the top down for super easy monitoring of the nest without disturbing the young
- Easy to clean once the young have fledged
- Constructed of kiln-dried cedar, for years of use
|Dimensions||9 × 9 × 17 in|